Wednesday 11 February 2015

New Girl In The City #2

" Ye Dilli Hai Mere Yaaarrr!!!"

This song was released in 2009 and directed by A.R. Rehman for the movie 'Delhi-6'.
Okay! enough of wikipedia information.
The whole-sole reason for mentioning this very song is that it actually makes you breath Delhi, despite the fact that it has a very poor air quality index. If not everyone, atleast i do feel it down my nerves.
       My fascination with this song carries a sad reason with it. First, it was released during my final examinations and helped my mind escaping from that depressing scenario.Second, Delhi was always a dream city for me.
Ok! Allow me to put some light on it.
 My father is an Army Personnel. And, the most worrying part of his job is his posting in every two or three years. We got a chance to settle in various corners of the country. Many of my friends would tell me that i am so lucky for having travelled and lived in a variety of places.
SOURCE-  ALISHA BISHERWAL

But, believe me, i never felt so.
On the contrary, I always dreamed to settle in dilwalon ki dilli for forever. I used to imagine myself jogging on Rajpath, entering a DTC bus and exiting from some metro station and hundreds of other things which all Delhiites do everyday.
Today, i have achieved these goals of my life and living in my Delhi.
Today, if you ask me What Delhi is for me?
I would tend to reply in this manner:
'As I have told you earlier that i have resided in several parts of the country. Delhi is like all those conrners dispersed as one.'

This article has been posted by Alisha Bisherwal.

No comments:

Post a Comment